- What This Mod Is About
- Changed Spells
- Notes From Developer
What This Mod Is About
Wardust’s Serious Textures is a major overhaul to the textures of Sacred 2’s environment (landscapes, buildings, etc.), characters (player’s armor and base skin, NPC’s and monsters, etc.), the interface, spell effects, and more. This mod tones down the game’s over-saturation and changes the overall emphasis of the color palette from bright primary colors to more realistic and serious tones. This mod also takes advantage of some of the game’s surface shaders to add details like fur for animals, and metal shading for many armors.
Incandescent Skin becomes Flame Skin (combines properties of Incandescent Skin and Fire Demon, and now summons a small dragon pet instead of an imp). NO conflict with Crystal Skin (can be active simultaneously).
Notes From Developer
- This release allows Wardust’s mod to be used with the latest CM Patch (1.50) and the Generic Mod Enabler.
- It is not my (Flix’s) intention to take over development of this mod; this is a faithful update of Wardust’s great work, to ensure new players can use it.
- My intention was to fix the bugs and glitches, get the mod updated for CM 1.50, improve mod compatibility, and streamline the installation process.
- The only content removed was buggy or glitched textures/models/scripting that couldn’t be repaired, as well as a huge amount of redundant (unused/unchanged) textures. This significantly cuts down on the mod’s file size, from a 1.5GB download down to only about 250MB!
- New content was added such as missing icons, Inquisitor textures, support for custom skin colors, and an English translation/bugfix of the spells mod component.
- The changes to spells, balance, creatures, and spawns was turned into a separate module (Wardust’s Spells Mod) that can be activated independently of the Serious Textures pack
- If you use this version, Item Mod 1.2a and Elite Mounts compatibility are now built into both modules. Install Wardust’s mods from this download AFTER installing Item Mod 1.2a and Elite Mounts. The Wardust compatibility patch included with Elite Mounts mod should NOT be used (in the future I may remove it).
- Otherwise, the Serious Textures module should be compatible with any other mod except Diablo 2 Fallen, in which it is already included. Do not install them simultaneously.
- The Spells module is not compatible with any other spells mods or any mod that changes spells.txt or creatures.txt. The module’s files “spawn.txt” and “balance.txt” can be deleted or overwritten without affecting any functionality. They are included to preserve Wardust’s changes to balance, challenge, and enemy density.
Spells Mod Full List of Changes:
- Hallowed Restoration becomes Righteous Condemnation (Mortifying Pillory)
- Divine Protection becomes Crushing Vortex (Clustering Maelstrom)
- BeeEffGee becomes Dracolin Familiar (summons a Dracolin companion that buffs the Seraphim)
- Fire Demon becomes Dragon Fire (Dragon Strike)
- Incandescent Skin becomes Flame Skin (combines properties of Incandescent Skin and Fire Demon, and now summons a small dragon pet instead of an imp). NO conflict with Crystal Skin (can be active simultaneously).
- Frost Flare becomes a copy of Glacial Thorns (you will have two copies of this spell now)
- Expulse Magic becomes Arcane Nova (Flaring Nova)
- Magic Coup becomes Pillar of Light (Radiant Pillar)
- Ruinous Onslaught becomes a copy of Scything Sweep (you will have two copies of this spell now)
- Augmenting Guidon becomes a copy of Frenzied Rampage (you will have two copies of this spell now)
- Astral Lord aspect becomes Elemental Lord
- Spectral Hand becomes Lightning Strike (Cobalt Strike)
- Skeletal Fortification also becomes Lightning Strike (you will have two copies of this spell now)
- Shadow Veil becomes Purgatory (Fiery Ember)
- Rallied Souls becomes Ring of Ice (Icy Evanescence)
- Nether Allegiance becomes Call of the Ancestors (now summons knights instead of skeletons)
- Dust Devil is replaced with a copy of Darting Assault (you will have two copies of this spell now)
- Moribund Animus becomes Jungle Companion (now summons White Leopards that buff the Dryad instead of a ghost)
- Goldenglade Touch becomes Cyclone (Tornado)
- Edaphic Lances becomes Wind Flurry (Gust of Wind)
- Combat Alert becomes Battle Shroud (combines with T-Energy Shroud to become a single permanent buff)
- T-Energy Shroud becomes Gravity Well (Clustering Maelstrom)
- Untouchable Force is now Bionic Auxiliary (summons Temple Guardian soldiers instead)
- This is a mod for the Sacred 2 – Fallen Angel + Expansion pack Ice & Blood.
- First you have to install the Community Patch: https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/sacred-2-community-patch/
- Install Community Items Mod. It is strongly suggested that you install it. Because the Community Items Mod patches the Community Items Mod inside the Community Patch to the latest version and fixes some bugs.
- Also you will need Jone Soft Generic Mod Enabler(GME). Download it from here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
- GME should be installed in the base installation folder for Sacred 2.
- Run GME once and it will make a folder called “MODS” there. (or just create a folder in your Sacred 2 install called “MODS“)
- Extract the archive and place the “Wardust’s Serious Textures CM 1.50” and/or “Wardust’s Spells Mod CM 1.50” folders into the MODS folder.
- Run the GME and enable the mod(s). The order doesn’t matter.
- Uninstall by disabling with the GME.
Wardust for making and sharing his mods with the Sacred 2 community.
Silver Fox for helping me work through all of the textures to spot errors and bugs to squash.
Flix for Community Patch 1.50 compatibility and other various additions and fixes.
Contains 2 modules that can be enabled independently. Serious Textures works with any language. Spells Mod only works with English language.
Be the first to leave a review.