One of the most long-awaited mods restores the highly desired scabbards. This mod adds 17 scabbard models to all swords. Additionally, a new sword with its unique model have been introduced to the game.
In a certain phase of the game creation scabbards were put in by developers. One of the main reasons why they couldn’t be found in the final version of the game is the rare but unavoidable clipping of a sword with its scabbard. Geralt’s animations don’t provide the possibility of avoiding it. Please take it into account when playing this mod.
Scabbard Mod offers:
- 17 unique scabbard models for swords
- A completely new sword model
Warning: Scabbard Mod modification adds new models to the game. It might lower average number of frames per second in resource hungry areas in the game. It’s unavoidable and comes from the limitations of the game’s engine which can’t handle so many models on screen at the same time. It’s advised to lower graphic quality in low performance areas.
Extract the archive and run the installer.
- In rare cases, the same scabbard, once lie properly on the sword, other time it’s positioned incorrectly. The reason why this happens is unknown. It’s the same scabbard, same files, same settings but the game somehow manage to break it.
- Scabbard might lower game’s performance in resource hungry areas. That’s because with additional scabbard models the game is reaching engine’s limitations.
- Scabbards might be seen in camera during dialogues when Geralt is not on screen.
- In rare cases scabbard might appear on the ground. If that happens just reequip the sword or sword slot in inventory.
Mod development and scripting by Andrzej ‘Flash’ Kwiatkowski
Additional scripting by Tomasz ‘Kageru’ Wiśniewski
Scabbards models and textures by Michał ‘Bzzz’ Kisiel
Additional texture work by Michał ‘PIraT’ Kubas
Be the first to leave a review.