What This Mod Is About
This mod will turn all the spiders in game to the turtles or centaurs!
- All meshes of all spider-related or spider-alike enemies are replaced by either centaurs or turtles. While working just fine concerning the initial goal, you will find, however, that the animations for those replaced meshes do not work and the old textures might look weird on those new meshes (I generally did not bother to change those). If you can live with that, you will get what you were searching for.
- On one older system I repeatedly observed a sudden crash of the game during the redirection to the main campaign. If this happens to you, try starting the game without the mod first, then leave the game immediately and start the mod as described above without closing Titan Quest in between.
- The only known spiders left in the game are in the form of a symbolical picture drawn on the front of one type of shield later in the game. (But I guess this is no big problem as I was told by the person I made this for – though, I am aware that arachnophobia may express itself very diversely, wherefore I mention this fact.) I would estimate the first possible appearance to be somewhere in 2nd or 3rd act in epic (second) difficulty.
- Open “My Documents/My Games/Titan Quest – Immortal Throne/”
- Create the directory “CustomMaps” if it does not exist.
- Extract the archive and copy the “anti-arachno” folder to CustomMaps folder.
How to Use It
- Click on “Play Custom Quest”.
- Create a placeholder character to use with a name you like. (can be “NOPLAY” for example)
- Select the Anti-Arachno map.
- You will be bounced back to the regular character select with the mod activated.
- Launch the game normally and play
If you are using Steam subscribe to the workshop to get auto-updates.
Also if you like this mod please help the developer by reporting bugs, making suggestions, criticism or by telling anything you have in mind.