What Does the Mod
Note: Achievements are DISABLED while using a Mod.
This mod will increase the amount of all monsters. If this interferes with a quest, such as statues coming to life, I recommend completing the quest without xmax, and then switching back to xmax.
Please note that playing with xmax will usually increase the amount of XP you get. Other than that, the character will be compatible with unmodded play.
- Open “My Documents/My Games/Titan Quest – Immortal Throne/”
- Create the directory “CustomMaps” if it does not exist.
- Copy all the directories (or the ones you want) inside the archive to “CustomMaps” folder.
How to Use It
- Click on “Play Custom Quest“.
- Select your preferred map.
- Launch in singleplayer with a random character.
- This may randomly crash; nothing I can do about that. Try again.
- You will be redirected with a Bounce Mod notice.
- DO NOT try to reload the mod in Custom Quest. This will crash.
- Select your character and play as you normally would. In “Play Titan Quest“.
- Players will also need to load the mod to join your server in multiplayer. Every time. Yes.
What Map Should You Pick
Note: Monsters spawning is not actually multiplied, more entries from the pools, the lists which contains the monsters that can spawn, are picked. In effect, this is similar to multiplication.
x2: Two times more of every monsters.
x3: Three times more of every monsters.
x4: Four times more of every monsters, however this is more like x3 unless there’s a large pool eg. warcamps.
xmax: Actually x10, this pretty much reaches the maximum number of monsters you can have. Still x3 bosses though.
xmax+: xmax with x5 bosses, 40% XP and 150% gold. Gotta buy them potions! The XP reduction is to compensate for the increase in xp that usually comes with xmax, and make it more challenging. You also start with more potions (horse satyrs and chest in starting field).
xmax+poor: You can ignore it. Someone wanted a version of xmax with less xp and less gold.
Anniversary Edition Version
AoE Shrines (xmax+) from Banda
Original Mod Creator
Orrus and MaDMaN
If you are using Steam subscribe to the workshop to get auto-updates.
Also if you like this mod please help the developer by reporting bugs, making suggestions, criticism or by telling anything you have in mind.
Be the first to leave a review.